When my sister Kerry asked me to be her maid of honor, I knew I had to throw the most bangin bachelorette party of all time.
But, since she doesn’t really drink, the typical Vegas girls trip was not going to work. So I started looking for fun bachelorette party ideas for non-drinkers. The key to a great dry bachelorette party isn’t necessarily a city that doesn’t have any nightlife, just a city that has plenty to do during the day.
7 Fun Bachelorette Party Ideas for Non-Drinkers
- Hate Traveling with Friends? Here’s How to Avoid Fighting on Vacation
- Women: 8 Essential Travel Supplies You Can’t Do Without” href=”http://www.shesatripblog.com/travel-kit-for-women/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>Travel Kit for Women: 8 Essential Travel Supplies You Can’t Do Without
You have to find your bridal party’s niche: culture, nature, or classic. It’s also worth it to consider flight time from your bride’s base location.
Because of this, I’ve picked cities all over the USA, so you have plenty to choose from.
“Nature” Fun Bachelorette Party Ideas for Non-Drinkers
Mount Rushmore, South Dakota
I took my sister to Mount Rushmore and the surrounding Black Hills attractions for her bachelorette party in 2016. We LOVED it. There’s so much to do, from pretending to pick the noses of the presidents on the mountain, trying not to get attacked by rogue billy goats, and hikes — hikes galore.
If your bride (or bridesmaids!) like hikes, animals, National Treasure, or American history, a trip to Mount Rushmore and the Black Hills should be perfect.
- Mount Rushmore Vacation Itinerary: The Best of the Black Hills
- 10 Bad Reasons To Visit Badlands National Park South Dakota
- Cold War History: Visiting the Minuteman Missile Site in South Dakota
The Grand Canyon, Arizona
If anyone in your bridal party likes hiking, or taking selfies in wide brim hats next to a natural wonder of the world, then a road trip to the Grand Canyon is a great idea for your group. It’s also about a four hour drive from Vegas, so if your group is a partier / non-partier mix, it’s possible to appease both types of people within one trip.
“Culture” Fun Bachelorette Party Ideas for Non-Drinkers
Washington, DC has the best museums in the USA, if not the world. The National Gallery of Art, the Air and Space Museum, the Ford Theater (where Lincoln was assassinated), Newseum, and more.
If your bride likes to make art history Snapchats, learn about Spaceships, or even just stroll along the National Mall with an eye out for Captain America, Washington DC is the perfect place for your party.
I’m partial to Boston because I went to school in Western Mass and spent a lot of town in the city.
Boston is America’s London: politically important and culturally significant. It’s perfect for a sober girls trip because you can spend the day wandering the Freedom Trail, chowing down on Clam Chowder, or taking in a game at Fenway.
- Funny Snapchat Captions: Museum of Fine Arts Boston Edition
- A Quick Boston Trip: the Ultimate 48 Hours in Boston Itinerary
- Top 10 Budget-Friendly Things To Do in Western Mass
- Mount Holyoke: 25 Reasons To Apply” href=”http://www.shesatripblog.com/short-day-trips-from-boston/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>The Best Things about Mount Holyoke: 25 Reasons To Apply
Memphis is the first place I ever went on a solo trip, so it has a special place in my heart. It’s also a good dry alternative to the “Nashvegas” bachelorette parties which seem to be becoming more and more popular. Memphis is more about the soul of rock n’ roll: how it came to be and the legend it left behind.
- Memphis or Nashville? How To Plan Your Tennesse Vacation
- Memphis Attractions: 2 Days in Memphis on any Budget
- All Hail the King: Why Touring Graceland Made Me So Sad
- The National Civil Rights Museum: a Must See for White America
“Classic” Bachelorette Party Ideas for Non-Drinkers
Orlando is the ultimate classic girls trip!
Whether your bride is more interested in posing with Cinderella’s Castle or riding the Hulk at Universal Island of Adventure, Orlando has everything you could need for a dry bachelorette party. The adrenaline rush from your first ride on the Dueling Dragons at Harry Potter World will stay with you all day!
New York City
New York City is the perfect trip for anyone! Whether your bridal party is into museums or manicures, parks or pub crawls, NYC has something at you all can do. You can divide an conquer or alternate the kinds of activities you do each day. It almost feels like a cop out to include NYC on this list of fun bachelorette party ideas for non-drinkers, because it’s such a given, but I had to put it forward, just in case.